Sunday, November 17, 2013

LATE SUMMER BEAUTY

The photos in this post were taken in late summer/early fall of 2013. I never cease to be amazed at the vibrant color of the red succulents throughout the marshes at Hammonasset...especially at Meig's Point.
                                          Meigs Point Nature Center

                                        
As I strolled down the beach I was drawn to take this photo of a man in contemplation, gazing out to sea. It was somehow...just a very peaceful scene. I continued my walk towards the man in the photo. At this point he had gotten up and was walking towards me. When we finally crossed paths..out of the blue... he stopped to tell me his story. He and his wife used to visit Hammonasset often. This beautiful State Park meant quite a bit to them. In fact, when his wife died over a year ago, this gentleman spread some of her ashes all through the park but most of them he spread right here in this spot. He misses her dearly and was visiting that day to feel closer to her.
 Loved this smooth driftwood!

 Amazing colors in the rock

 Every season displays its beauty at Hammonasset State Park
 Striking red marsh succulants

 Distant view of Meigs Point Nature Center. Gorgeous clouds!






 I was amazed at all the red rocks around at Hammonasset




No comments:

Post a Comment